Double click to zoom
This item is universal and has no fitments.
Nichols 9" Ultrawing Quick Change Cultivator Sweep UWQC9B
The Ultrawing sweep, exclusively from Nichols, is the highest-quality, longest-lasting, and best-performing sweep on the market. With a longer nose, curved convex wings, and an optimal crown configuration, the sweep anticipates wear. The unique, patented Ultrawing design maintains the sweep's shape over time, resulting in a significantly longer life of the piece.
- The Nose The nose of the Ultrawing is elongated for better penetration, and to also ensure the tip stays sharp for as long as the sweep is used. With standard sweeps, there is a tendency for the nose to demonstrate a rounded effect during wear, which decreases the penetrating effect of the sweep because the rounded nose presents a blunt, frontal edge. This results in more drag and less penetration. Thanks to the optimal crown configuration with the Ultrawing sweep, this issue will never present itself.
- The Crown The Ultrawing's optimal crown configuration is an important factor in the sweep's design that assists in maintaining the original shape of the piece's entire edge throughout the life of the sweep. With standard conventional sweeps, whose crown cross-section resembles that of an 'A', the sweep is soon worn down to a dull, rounded piece of steel. In the case of the elevated ridge, there is an appearance of a sharper nose on the sweep when viewed from above. Observation from the side, however, reveals that the nose is actually above the sweep's wings and provides little penetrating ability. There have even been instances in which this elevated ridge has worn in such a way as to leave a 'double nose', which acts as a catcher of residue that causes a ball-up of trash. Once again, something the Ultrawing sweep is designed to never do.
- The Wings The curved wings of the Ultrawing sweep converge at the crown at an optimum angle, elevating the crown for the most efficient wear. Acting like an old scythe, the curvature of the wings provide extra weed killing ability by preventing the weeds from sliding off the ends of the sweep, which is often the case with a standard conventional sweep, leaving partially severed roots. In addition to the wings being curved, they also have a convex surface, which turns the sweep's leading edge downward to provide an increased angle of presentation to the soil. The convex surface also results in a stiffening effect to the wings, in addition to passing soil smoothly over the convex surface without excessively lifting the soil. For even more strength, the neck of the Ultrawing of the sweep where the stem and wings intersect. This crimped area also helps separate the soil away from the bolt heads.
- The NICHOLS QuickChange system creates a universal mounting system that can be used on almost any machine.
- Compatible with High Speed Cultivators
- By simply mounting a bracket and keeper spring, one can work with over 80 different sweeps and spikes without involving a single additional nut or bolt.
- Using only a hammer, 60 sweeps can be changed out in just over 30 minutes.
- The NICHOLS QuickChange system is revolutionizing today's agricultural practices.